I love taking time away from the hurly burly occasionally to have space to reflect on where I am right now in my business and where I want to take it in the future. Jac MacNeil’s Solopreneur Sojourn, a digital retreat for your business, is a great resource for doing this.
Jac’s exercises and guided visualisations and Lisa Mcloughlin’s beautiful illustrations take you to the core of what you’re about, what IS your passion or purpose, how are you already expressing that in the world, and what’s your biggest business vision for the future.
On a retreat like this, I plant some exciting new seeds and leave with a solid action plan for the next 6 months to move me stepwise in that direction, plus a real in-my-bones knowing of the expertise I already possess, the difference I’m making and how far I’ve already travelled on this journey.
One of the most precious take-aways has been the realisation of just how much I love my clients and how blessed I am to be serving them.
Some of the special qualities of my Dream Client:
- She’s already working on herself and has a high degree of self-awareness
- She recognises the path to successful self-employment as a spiritual path
- She’s heart-centred and passionate about making a difference
- She’s likely overcome some big personal challenge and is on a mission to share what she’s learned with others
Here’s what she may be struggling with:
- She gets wonderful feedback from clients yet sometimes feels like a fraud
- She rarely raises her rates and may frequently choke on them or offer a discount
- She procrastinates on writing copy for her website/marketing materials/new projects
- She probably hates networking, public speaking, social media or anything else that raises her visibility
- She’s knows she’s holding herself back and is actively searching for a solution
- She’s feeling frustrated, ready for change and open to something new
- She’s able, willing and eager to pay the right person to help her do the deep inner work required to break through to success
I love working with her because she is so incredibly self-aware and ready to shift, and will indeed shift in powerful ways in a very short space of time.
Reaching this degree of clarity around my Ideal Client has been a journey and I’m so grateful to have reached this point, because it means I’m no longer bumping up against the dreaded marketing ‘shoulds’, ‘got tos’ and ‘ought tos’, just a whole lot of ‘I get tos ….’, that each have a momentum and flow of their own.
Now it’s your turn
What’s been your experience getting clarity on your purpose and your Ideal Client? What special qualities does she possess? And how has the clarity (or lack of it) made a difference to your business?
We’d love to hear from you. Please share in the Comments below.
If you’re feeling blocked in some way
Go here now and apply for a Discovery Session where we’ll do some digging and find out what’s going on. It’s absolutely free and you have nothing to lose but your blocks 🙂
PS: Did you like this post?
Then please forward it to specific friends via email or using the social share buttons below. Thank you!