Ever found yourself working with someone, knowing they could be getting so much more out of your work together but somehow it’s just not happening for them? So you think you should have done better?
So you don’t ask for a testimonial when they reach the end of your programme, you wish them well and simply wave them goodbye with all kinds of doubting thoughts in your head every time you think of them?
Little Voices saying:
- I should have done better
- They didn’t get what they needed
- I dread to think what they’re saying about me
- I doubt I’ll hear from them again
- I hope I don’t bump into them at that networking meeting
- Blah blah blah blaaaaaargh!
I’ve been around long enough to recognise that when I hear those Little Voices it has nothing to do with my (now ex-)client, it’s my own lack of self belief being triggered. And it’s time to tap 😉
How do I know that?
Clients have contacted me months later to thank me for the difference our work together has made in their lives.
Clients’ family members have said ‘you’re something of a hero in our family – you’re the one who made my Dad/Mum/partner/child so much easier to live with’.
Top level coaches have said the ‘expert call’ I ran for their VIP programme, which I was so nervous about, is top of list to mail out to new members because it’s so powerful.
Was I confident about the value I delivered before I heard it from the horse’s mouth? No, absolutely not.
If you’re feeling stuck in that self-doubting place
Next time you finish working with someone who hasn’t made the progress you wanted for them, try listening in to your self-talk and then choose another perspective.
Be open to different explanations, including that they actually benefitted a lot and really appreciated your work together!
Tapping is my No.1 way to address the self-doubts, but here’s a few more suggestions you can implement straight away that might help:
- Get yourself out of the way before a session and release any attachment to the outcome
- Trust the Universe has brought you together for a reason and even if they don’t appear to be getting what you think they need, they are in truth getting exactly what they need
- Remember they have all their own answers and any transformation or healing that takes place comes through you, not by you
- If you claim responsibility for their failures, you must also claim responsibility for their successes – which disempowers them and puts you in an untenable position. It’s an illusion, you are not and never can be responsible for anyone else’s process
- Be grateful for the opportunity to connect with this amazing Being and play a part in their journey back to wholeness
- Recognise that your job is simply to show up with all your gifts, brilliance, knowledge, intuition and wisdom, and hold the space for transformation to occur. Get yourself out of the way and clear the channels for this to happen, in whatever form it needs to take
Over to you
Do you recognise the picture I’m painting?
What do you do to get yourself out of the way? We’d love to know.
Please share in the Comments below.
And if you need some help tackling the Little Voices
Go here now and apply for one of the free Discovery Sessions I offer each month. In the session I’ll help you get complete clarity on your vision of success on your terms, where you’re holding yourself back and what you can do to move beyond the blocks, so you can create a business and life you love.
It’s completely free of charge and without obligation – so you have nothing to lose but your blocks!
PS: Did you like this post?
Then please ‘like’ it, share it with specific friends via email or use the social share buttons below. Thank you!