Collection of personal information
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Linda Anderson, Dalswinton, London Road, Great Chesterford, Essex CB10 1NY.
Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this site or via email. This includes name and email address at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting comments or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.If you are a client, your data will be held for the duration of our work together and for a further period of five years after completion.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To send you our newsletters from time to time.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To provide you with information about goods and services from third parties which may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of your information
You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link found at the end of every email message, or via the Contact Form on this site.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by using the Contact Form on this site.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.